xmppbox is a dropbox™/ubuntu-one™/mobileme™
like system implemented through the XMPP protocol,
allowing users to exchange files,
and sync up folders between computers.
It just about works... almost ;)
- Syncs a file system with all machines on an XMPP account
- Allows access to remote users file sytems, with ACL based security
- All works via ALL good web browsers
- Easily portable to Python supporting platforms
- No arbitrary limits on number/sizes of files
- Your data isn't being held by a (un)trustworthy company
- Based around open standards, de-centralised, so no vendor lockin
- Make it work properly!
- Shiny packages for Mac/Linux/Win.
- Other transport mechanisms (not just inline)
- WEBDAV interface
- CALDAV interface
- LDAP interface
- IMAP/SMTP interface
- P2P File distribution
- File/Folder subscriptions on other hosts
- File snapshotting
- rsync style syncing
I'll try to get a mailing list sorted, mean while, please email the address in
the README.TXT file, with patches and to be added to a list.
I need help with python coding and web design(can't you tell from this site?)
Primarly under an X style MIT license, however use it under GPL2/3.. I'm not
sure what using GPL libraries does with Python code?
Please see the email address in the README.TXT file.
Also Jabber Chat Room: email@example.com
Mailing lists and bug tracking at SF: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmppbox/
Last updated: 2010-01-19